People with high blood pressure or hypertension needs to limit foods that contain sodium (Na) which is widely available in salt. Well, according to healthcentral, here is a list of foods that must be avoided by hypertension sufferers.
1. Pickles are indeed low in calorie which is good for the body. But it turns out that it has high sodium content. One whole cucumber pickles can contain 570 mg of sodium. That’s equal to one third of the maximum limit of sodium per day (2300 mg)
2. French fries, although some restaurants are frying with trans fat acids free oils, fat and sodium content is still high. A serving of medium sized French fries contains 270 mg sodium and 19 grams of fat
3. Bacon. Three slices of bacon contains 270 mg sodium and 4.5 grams of fat. Turkey can be an alternative rather than pork.
4. Milk is a source of calcium, but high in fat. In a glass of milk there are 8 grams of fat and 5 grams of saturated fat. Saturated fats are not good for people with liver disease and are also dangerous for people with high blood pressure.
5. Donuts. Only one donuts can transporting 200 calories with 12 grams of fat.
6. Instant noodle. It is easy to make and delicious. But a single pack of instant noodle can contain 14 grams of fat and 1,580 sodium.
7. Margarine are not entirely evil. For people with high blood pressure, they need to make sure that margarine does not contain saturated fat. Read the packaging label to ensure its content.
8. Sugar, which is meant here is foods with extra calories and sugar. Examples are cookies and chocolate bars. Both can cause obesity. From that it can potentially suffer from high blood pressure. Because excess weight can put more strain on the heart and slow the performance of blood.
9. Alcohol. Consumption of alcohol can increase blood pressure. Alcohol also damages blood vessel walls.
10. Red meat. The composition of a healthy diet should contain less saturated fat (trans fat). For people with high blood pressure, avoid red meat.