10 reasons to eat tomatoes
Tomato, who is not familiar with this vegetable. The red round vegetable has a refreshing taste and amazing properties. For those of you who are lazy to eat tomatoes, you should think again. Consider the great benefits of tomatoes for health reported by Care2 (1/8).
1. Tomatoes are rich in phytonutrients called carotenoids that lower the risk of breast cancer.
2. Lycopene in tomatoes can restore biochemical balance in diabetics.
3. Diet by eating tomatoes can prevent stroke.
4. Eating tomatoes regularly reduce the risk of heart disease by 29 percent. Fresh tomatoes and tomato extract has been shown in studies to lower total cholesterol, bad cholesterol and triglycerides.
5. Lycopene in tomatoes also work against aging and as anti-cancer properties. Especially against prostate and colon cancer.
6. Tomatoes stimulate the production of carnitine amino acid which has been shown in research to accelerate the body’s fat burning capacity more than 30 percent.
7. As excellent source of vitamin C, tomatoes can help keep your immune system strong.
8. Lack of lycopene in the diet of postmenopausal women has been associated with osteoporosis. Therefore do not forget to consume tomatoes regularly!
9. Helps improve vision and protect your eyes from degeneration.
10. Tomatoes are a versatile and delicious food ingredients. You can use them in pasta, salads, soups, stews, curries and a variety of your favorite dishes.
See, there are loads of benefits of tomatoes for our bodies. So do not hesitate to eat tomatoes!