What resolution do you want to achieve in 2012? Quitting smoking is one resolution that is mentioned by many. Even so, the U.S. heart health statistics refers that only 4 out of 10 smokers fulfilled their promise to quit this bad habit.
The experts say, preparation to quit will increase your chances for success. New year is a good time to start your plan.
Here are some tips for you to successfully quit smoking, according to Genius Beauty.
1. If you have trouble quitting smoking, talk to your doctor. There are several drugs that function to ease the pain when stopping to smoke.
2. Choose a day when you let go of the habit of smoking, mark it on your calendar and keep it in place so that it is easy to see. Try to start it on weekends when there is not much pressure and stress like on weekdays.
Think of a situation that makes you most often smoke, and imagine how to avoid the situation by developing new habits. For example, a person tends to smoke during lunch or together with friends. If so, it is better to avoid the urge to smoke with exercise or taking a walk after lunch.
3. Exercise, like walking every day will improve your mood and the freshness and energy balance. Walking is also an ideal way to relieve stress after quitting smoking. Also, do a balanced diet, drink plenty of water and get enough sleep.
4. Do not hesitate to ask friends, colleagues and relatives for help. It is very likely that in the first days after quitting, it is difficult to focus on everyday tasks which is usually done with confidence when you smoke.
5. Find like-minded people. It is much easier than having to quit smoking in a place full of smokers.
6. Find motivation. Health, financial gain, or families and children can be a consideration for you to eliminate this bad habit.Tagged with: Quit Smoking, stop smoking,