9 Habits for a Fresh Mind
Bored with the same activity each day can lead to depression. This Boredom can also make your brain feel ‘less challenged’. If you often experience this, do something. Perform the following exercises that can make you feel like having a ‘new’ brain.
Dorothea Brande, writer and editor from the United States, who is famous for her book “Wake Up and Live and Becoming a Writer”, suggests some mental exercises to keep your mind become sharper. The exercises are intended to pull you out of habit and routine, giving you a different perspective, and puts you in situations that require intelligence and creativity in solving problems.
Brande believes, by just doing testing and stretching by yourself you can develop mental strength. Here are nine exercises recommended by Brande that you can try, according to Divine Caroline.
1. Spend one hour each day by not saying anything. Except, when answering a question directly, in the middle of the group, without creating the impression that your sick. Try to be as casual as possible.
2. Think of a subject for 30 minutes every day. Start by thinking within five minutes if 30 minutes too long.
3. Speak for 15 minutes per day without using the word “Me”, “I”, and “My.”
4. Try to be quiet in a crowd
5. Make contact with new people and let them tell you many things about themselves without they realize it.
6. Exclusively tell about yourself and your pleasure without complaining, bragging or being boring for your friends.
7. Create a plan for two hours per day and do it with consequently.
8. Make 12 activities carried out random and spontaneously. For example, visit places to eat that has never been visited before . Or, if you usually drink coffee in the morning, try drinking water or juice. Try activities different from your routine.
9. From time to time, take each day to answer “Yes” to every demand of others, but of course ones which makes sense.