America Have The Most Obese People in the World
America is ranked first as the most “heavy” country amongst the other 33 OECD members.
Here are the top 5 countries with a population that experience the highest obesity:
1. United States of America (34 per cent of adults were overweight in 2008 survey)
2. Mexico (30 percent obese citizens, the 2006 survey)
3. New Zealand (27 percent of obese people, the survey in 2007)
4. Australia (25 percent of obese people, the survey in 2007)
5. United Kingdom (25 percent of obese people, the survey in 2008)
OECD is an organization that focuses on changes in food supplies and eating habits, also on dramatic decrease of physical activities. Therefor they specifically makes obesity topic become a global epidemic. As a whole from each country examined, one of 2 adults today are overweight and 1 in 6 of them are obese. The level of people who are overweight is projected to increase by 1 percent more per year over the next 10 years in several countries in the world.
Why has this become a global epidemic and a warning to the nations of the world? Because fat people dies on average 8 to 10 years earlier than people with normal weight. Similar to smokers, they are more likely to develop diseases like diabetes, heart disease and cancer.