Avoid Spinal Cord Injury When Lifting Luggage
After new years holidays, usually people’s travel luggage becomes twice the weight or more of before. Well you should certainly beware of spinal cord injury as a result of lifting a luggage, whether it is at the airport, train station, or in your private car. According to healthday, the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons suggests these following ways to prevent it.
– Do not load too much stuff in one luggage, preferably break them down in several luggage or bags.
– Select a wheeled luggage or backpack.
– Be careful when lifting luggage to put it in a place higher than your head.
– Do not load too much stuff in the car, use a delivery service for your holiday gifts.
– Lift the weight by bending your knees and use legs rather than lifting by bending waist or back.
– Do not twist the spine when lifting a load.