Without realizing it you may have spent some time in an air conditioned room at the office, car, shopping malls, or maybe in your bedroom. You might just find comfort without realizing the bad effects.
Exposure to cold air conditioned room can trigger long-term damage to skin and hair. This happens because the air conditioner engine absorb moisture in the room.
“Air conditioners also draw moisture from the skin causing dry skin. If not protected with a moisturizer, it will easily damage the skin. Continuous dryness affects the inner layer of skin,” says beauty and skin specialist, Dr. Rajan TD, according to the Times of India.
When skin experience dryness, itching will easily arise. Air conditioning also aggravate skin disorders which is suffered by someone.
It absorbs water from the air in the room and seized the outer layer of skin epidermis. If happened constant, loss of water and lack of replacement water from the skin tissue can cause skin peeling, dry and cracked.
Water is very important to keep blood flowing. Water is also useful to maintain skin elasticity. When the humidity of the room disappeareds, the skin can wilt. The skin is also prone to folding and ultimately accelerate wrinkles. The effect is premature aging.
Worse effect are upon those who often switch from a sunny outdoor activity into an air conditioned space, with no protective on th skin. This extreme temperature changes can trigger a quite serious skin damage.
The harmful effects of air conditioning gets worse when combined with high exposure to pollution, extreme weather changes, poor diet, and other unhealthy lifestyle. Therefore, try the following tips in order to maintain the health and beauty of your skin:
1. Because it is difficult to turn off the air conditioner in the office, try not to use it at home. Minimize exposure to air conditioning .
2. Limit the use of soap to the areas where the skin is vulnerable to dryness. Dr Kshama Vibhakar, consultant dermatologist suggested, “Use a lotion to moisturize the skin, not cream. Apply on the neck, face, hands, elbows, and knees. Water-based lotion will add moisture.”
3. You can use cream after applying the lotion as an oil to help maintain skin moisture.
4. Drink plenty of water to keep skin well hydrated, although located in a refrigerated room. Do not wait until you feel thirsty. Water is easily absorbed by the body, for that you must never forget to drink to keep skin moist.
5. Place a bowl of water when you are in a air conditioned room. Because air conditioning draw moisture from the room, putting water in a bowl is a simple way to reduce skin drying effect when in an air conditioned room.Recent search: a cup of water in aircon room, aircon dry skin, continues exposure to air conditioner