Cures and Remedies for Migraine
Migraine is a neurological disorder, where one experiences headaches along with symptoms associated with autonomic nervous system. This simply means, a person experiencing migraine will also experience nausea, sensitivity to light and sound, and environment. For migraine relief, there are some natural remedies that can help reduce the pain.
Causes of Migraine
A migraine can last for hours and is caused when arteries are inflamed due to the release of chemicals. These chemicals are released when you have an allergic reaction, stress, sleeping pattern, menstruation, menopause, and fasting.
Natural Cures for Migraine
1) Vitamin B2: Consuming at least 400 mg of vitamin B2 helps in reducing the symptoms of migraine significantly. The best sources of vitamin B2 are chicken, fish, eggs, legumes, dairy products, nuts, green leafy vegetables and fortified cereals.
2) Therapy: Try relaxation therapy like head a massage, breathing techniques, yoga, tai chi, and mediation.
3) Ice: The best way to reduce inflammation is with ice. Cold therapy will give you quick relief from migraine.
4) Botox: Dr. Raj Shekahar Reddy, Consultant Neurologist, with Max Care Hospital from New Delhi explains the use of botox for migraine relief, “The benefit with botox is that it is rightly injected into the problem area, it is not time consuming and has a direct impact. When a patient suffers from migraine attacks, there is sensitisation in the area and the pain keeps knocking on that area. When botox is injected, the sensitisation is relived by the action in that area. There is a complex chemical process involved where the botox works as a good agent to relax chronic migraines.”
5) Niacin: Increase the intake of foods rich in niacin such as yeast, whole wheat, green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, nuts, sunflower seeds, liver and fish.
Interesting related articles:
- These Foods Can Cause Headaches
- Know 9 things that trigger migraines!
- Chili is a drug for migraines?
- 10 Main triggers of migraines
- Bad weather accompanied by lightning can trigger migraines