They may start wheezing and coughing. The face may turn grey-blue particularly around the nose and mouth.
That’s how the name asthma cough came about; though chronic cough itself does not lead to asthma, it is much worthy of discussion due to the seriousness of this cough and parents should be prepared beforehand.
Most doctors and medical researches believe that persistent and chronic night time cough is one of the most common symptoms of mild asthma, and it should not be taken lightly.
The question is; what causes this cough, which is so serious and could drain the energy out of your child? Recent findings show that the actual cause of this asthma cough is irritants or allergens around the house, especially if the child has serious allergy towards the particular allergens which brings about so much problems.
But how much do you know of this asthma cough?
There are different things that different people define it of, but what is the truth?
Here are some known truths of this asthma cough:
1. Asthma cough is a non-productive cough. It doesn’t bring up any mucus. The sound of this cough is as if something is rattling, or there’s a wheeze at the end of it. If your child is coughing up mucus or sputum, chances are that it’s not asthma cough. Most of the times, this type of cough is followed by a cold and lasts for a week or two.
2. If the cough is not controlled, it may continue until the child is out of breathe and choke, or sometimes even until they actually vomit.
3. Asthma cough is a type of dry cough caused by bronchial spasms. Research shows that asthma cough is caused by excessive immune action against irritants or allergens.
The airways swell as histamine gets produced, and the muscles around the bronchial passages go into spasm and narrows up to attempt to force the irritant up through them. This narrowing cause symptoms like shortness of breath, wheezing, chest tightness, and coughing.
4. This disease is curable. Asthma cough responds to normal asthma medications such as bronchodilators and inhaled corticosteroids.
Bronchodilators are very effective medicines to counter this cough, because it helps to loosen up the muscles around the bronchial tubes. Those muscles block the air passage and make it almost impossible for the movement of air. Relaxing these muscles can soothe the spasms and eventually the asthma cough.
5. Asthma cough also listens to natural remedies such as black or green tea, which contain theophyline and caffeine; known treatments for asthma. Other than that, honey would also help by soothing dry irritated throat.
Therefore, is is very important to take note the various truths of asthma cough which may be the symptoms of an asthma attack leading to a chronic stage. Be careful and take care.
There are more free articles relating to asthma at my site. Therefore, I strongly urged you to start your journey and start taking a look at my site and to get your asthma treated as soon as possible, if you are serious of getting back your asthma free life again.Tagged with: Allergens, Asthma Attack, Asthma Cough, Bronchial Spasms, Chronic Cough, Coughing Up Mucus, Dry Cough, Medical Researches, Mild Asthma, Night Cough, Night Time, Non Productive Cough, Seriousness, Spasm, Sputum, Sufferer, Symptoms Of Asthma, Tightness In The Chest, Vomit 3, Wheeze,