Effective And Gentle Way to Pop A Pimple
Health tips – Popping a pimple without professional assistance still remains controversial. Squeezing a pimple on your own may or may not cause scarring. Some people attest that it hastens the healing of their acnes and no scars appear. As always, there is a different solution for every skin type and acne type. You really don’t need some professional surgical tools to pop a zit. It is something you can do at home on your own time.
1. If you are one of those people who want to rely on self-treatment rather than getting someone else do the pop their pimple for them and do away with the high dermatologist’s fees, here are some tips on how to gently and effectively squeeze pimples in your facial area.
2. Never try to pop a pimple beneath the surface of your facial area. Whiteheads and pustules can be squeezed but papules and blackheads should remain untouched. Be sure to pop acnes that appear to have ‘heads’.
3. Before trying to squeeze a pimple, take a bath or wash your face to soften it and to remove dirt or make up on your skin.
4. Make sure that your hands are clean. Wash them thoroughly to prevent possible infection.
5. Have two sterilize gauze pads ready. Get each one of them for both of your hands and apply gentle pressure on the pimple.
6. Use the gauze pads to remove the pus. Never use your fingernails or your bare fingers. After the white stuff has been squeezed out gently remove it with a clean tissue.
7. See to it that the white stuff of your pimple can be easily taken out with a gentle squeeze. If you have a hard time doing so, do not force to pop them out as they may be still imbedded deep in your skin and trying to squeeze them out would just cause scarring.
8. If you have a pimple that is hard to squeeze out, make a salt solution by mixing half a cup of warm water and a teaspoon of salt. Apply the solution to the affected area using sterile gauze for about five to ten minutes. They would usually come off easily when you try to pop them again after several days.