Foods For a Healthy Heart
Food has a big impact on health. What goes into your mouth today, will cause an effect on the coming 15-20 years. To protect yourself against heart attack and stroke, you need to choose specific foods so blood vessels are protected from plaque buildup and help reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke.
Well, womenshealth.gov offers these guidelines for a heart-healthy diet:
– Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits.
– Consume at least half a serving of grain for daily consumption as a whole. It can be wheat, brown rice, wheat corn and oatmeal.
– Consume low-fat milk like yogurt, cheese, and milk.
– Consume a lot of nuts and dried grains, fish and poultry without the skin.
– Consumption of monounsaturated fats through vegetable oils, fish and nuts.
– Avoid: saturated fat and transfat. Reduce consumption of salt, cholesterol and sugar.