Here Are the List of The 2010-2011 Best Hospitals in the U.S.
As usual, every year U.S. News & World Report releases a list of America’s best Hospital. This event is meant to help patients across the U.S who need high-stakes care because of the complexity of their condition. The annual list of the best hospitals in the U.S. for 2010-11 has also been released. And there is no big surprise as Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore once again gets the highest points and rank. This had been predicted because they have been No.1 for the last 20 years.
The scores given here, were ranked based on both objective and subjective measure like safety of the patients, reputation, and even death rate, according to WebMD.
The “honor roll” is given for hospitals who ranked high at at least six specialties, here they are starting from the highest points:
1. Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore
2. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.
3. Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
4. Cleveland Clinic
5. Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles
6. New York-Presbyterian University Hospital of Columbia and Cornell
7. University of California, San Francisco Medical Center
8. Barnes-Jewish Hospital/Washington University, St. Louis
9. Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
10. Duke University Medical Center, Durham, N.C.
11. Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston
12. University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle
13. UPMC-University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
14. University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers, Ann Arbor
The hospitals below are those who are best ranked for each specialty category:
• Cancer: University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston
• Diabetes & Endocrinology: Mayo Clinic, Rochester
• Ear, Nose & Throat: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore
• Gastroenterology: Mayo Clinic, Rochester
• Geriatrics: Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York
• Gynecology: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore
• Heart & Heart Surgery: Cleveland Clinic
• Kidney Disorders: Mayo Clinic, Rochester
• Neurology & Neurosurgery: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore
• Ophthalmology: Bascom Palmer Eye Institute at the University of Miami
• Orthopedics: Hospital for Special Surgery, New York
• Psychiatry: Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
• Pulmonology: National Jewish Health, Denver
• Rehabilitation: Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
• Rheumatology: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore
• Urology: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore
If you want to know more details and see the full list, you can visit he U.S. News website.