Hoodia Gordonii Helps You Stop Your Hunger
A new weight loss wonder called Hoodia Gordonii has been receiving much praise from the media, celebrities and web sources touting its benefits. It is no wonder, with so many of us obsessed with losing weight.
Consider these alarming facts from the American Obesity Association. Today, 64.5 percent of adult Americans (about 127 million) are categorized as being overweight or obese. Each year, obesity causes at least 300,000 excess deaths in the U.S, healthcare costs of American adults with obesity amount to approximately $100 billion. Obesity is the second leading cause of unnecessary deaths. It is on the verge of surpassing smoking as the #1 cause of preventable deaths.
Anyone who has tried unsuccessfully to lose weight will attest that it is nearly impossible if you are hungry all the time. So many diets leave us feeling starved or deprived.
Hoodia Gordonii is a potent and natural appetite suppressant. Among its noted effects are reduced hunger, increased feelings of fullness, increased alertness and a general feeling of wellbeing. Not only has it been proven to be completely safe, it contains no stimulants, such as Ephedra or caffeine, which work by increasing metabolism causing such side effects as high blood pressure, elevated heart rate, nervousness and jitters.
It works by releasing a chemical compound similar to glycogen, or blood sugar, but 10,000 times stronger, to the part of the brain responsible for hunger and thirst signals. This area, the hypothalamus, is tricked into believing you have eaten enough, which essentially stops you from thinking about food.
Hoodia Gordonii is the name of a specific variety of Hoodia cactus that grows in the Kalahari Desert in South Africa. While Hoodia is relatively new to us, it has been used successfully for thousands of years by the San Bushmen, who used it as a way to fight off hunger, thirst and fatigue during their long hunting trips in the desert. Scientists in the west have observed the effects of Hoodia since 1937.
While there are no harmful side effects of this weight loss product, there are still some guidelines to note.
- Because thirst is also suppressed, be sure to carry a bottle of water with you. Remember to drink plenty of water even if you are not thirsty.
- Consult with your doctor to make sure you are healthy enough to take any new product.
- Buy only products containing 100% pure Hoodia Gordonii with the active ingredient P57. Only the core from the aerial stems of the plant is proven to suppress hunger. Make sure there are no added stimulants or fillers from other parts of the plant.
- Increase your activity level and reduce calories gradually. Eat several small meals every day.
- Be sure to take a vitamin supplement.
- A change in your lifestyle, both eating and exercise habits, will lead to long lasting benefits.