How Magnetic Therapy can help break the Poor Sleep Cycle
Can you remember a time, when you actually had a good nights sleep and woke up feeling refreshed? If you’re struggling to remember, then chances are, you can probably relate to Katie’s story. Read on..
Katie Blake, age 39, a married mother of two from Somerset, UK, began suffering from chronic back pain after a near fatal car accident which occurred in January 2006. She has recently been feeling very low, due to lack of sleep caused by her back condition. When asked how her back pain had been affecting her sleep, here’s what she had to say,
– Since suffering with chronic back pain after the accident, I’ve found that I constantly toss and turn from one side to another just to try and get some relief.
There are nights when the pain seems so unbearable, almost as though my lower back is splitting in two; that trying to change sides literally leaves me in tears. So, I prop myself up with cushions and try to force myself to lie still on my back, only to wake up as stiff as a board the next morning.
When you’ve got to get up early, to sort out two young kids on after virtually no sleep at all, well, what can I say, it’s no laughing matter is it!
Unfortunately, Katie’s story is not an isolated one. In fact, just like you, she is among one of the thousands of chronic back pain sufferers, whose quality of sleep is affected in a negative way, by their pain.
Two Thirds Of Back Pain Sufferers Have Sleep Trouble
A recent study conducted by the National Sleep Federation revealed that:
- As many as two thirds of chronic back pain sufferers have sleep trouble.
- The more severe the pain, the more likely it is to affect sleep
- Disrupted sleep can make the pain feel worse
- Traditional pain relief medication, such as analgesics can disrupt the sleep patterns and make getting to sleep more difficult.
So as you can see, it’s pretty much a vicious cycle where you find it difficult to get to sleep because of the pain and the less sleep you get, the worse the pain feels.
Assuming you’ve been in the position, where you’ve experienced insomnia; you’re probably familiar with the effects it can have on your body, such as:
* Feeling un-refreshed and lacking in energy the next morning
* Poor concentration levels
* Feeling irritable
* Impaired ability to think and speak
In a moment, I would like to offer you a glimmer of hope in the form of a natural therapy that might just help you break -the more pain equals less sleep cycle-, that you’ve probably become accustomed to.
Today, I’d like to share information with you, about a therapy that promotes the deep and restorative sleep that has been eluding you all this time. I’m talking about the natural therapeutic powers of Magnetic Therapy.
You’re probably wandering what Magnetic Therapy can do for you; well, let me begin by telling you what it is.
Magnetic therapy can be defined as a safe, natural and non-invasive method of applying high strength magnetic fields to the body for therapeutic purposes. It is a form of complementary therapy based medicine used to treat certain medical conditions by exposure to permanent or pulsed magnetic fields.
It is truly a time-tested therapy, which has been around since 2000 BC. The Ancient Chinese, Egyptians, Indians and Greeks were among the first to use it and give recognition to its’ therapeutic benefits.
I feel it’s important to say that Magnetic Therapy isn’t used as some sort of mystical cure for ailments or diseases. Instead, it’s natural forces are used to kick-start your bodies own systems in to action. Next, we look at how it does this.
When high strength magnets are placed directly above the site of injury or near a major artery, they generate a localised Magnetic Field that is powerful enough to penetrate right through the skin and bones, down to the cells.
This magnetic field also triggers a chemical response, which causes the iron content in your blood to become responsive to it. This reaction results in improved blood circulation. One of the functions of blood, is to transport oxygen and nutrients from the heart to the cells, tissues and vital organs in the body.
Consequently, as the blood circulation system begins to improve, the knock on effect is that more oxygen and nutrients are transported directly to where it’s needed, i.e., to the damaged cells and soft tissues at the site of pain or injury.
On receiving the required fresh supply of blood, oxygen and nutrients, the bodies own healing processes can begin to work on repairing the damage to the cells and soft tissues at an accelerated rate. Whilst the bodies essential repair works get under way, the brain sends out signals to release the internal painkillers i.e. the Endorphins that get on with the job of relieving the pain.
As well as stimulating the bodies healing processes, the Magnetic Field also relieves pain, by tackling any inflammation present. It does this by drawing out excess fluid and toxins from the surrounding tissues and then expelling them on route via the Liver and Kidneys. Once the excess fluid and toxins are removed, the swelling will begin to reduce.
Now, you recall that earlier, I mentioned about Magnetic Therapy ‘promoting deep restorative sleep’, well stay tuned, because we’re going to get into that next.
Magnetic Therapy In Your Sleep
Here’s a fact for you,
Scientific research conducted by a key specialist in the area of Magnetic Therapy, namely, Dr. W.H. Philpott MD of Oklahoma has shown that effects of magnets are at their most powerful at night, and here’s why. Every living thing on this Earth is dependent on Magnetic Energy. In fact, the earth itself is a huge magnet, and as such produces natural Negative Magnetic Energy force.
During the day, we are exposed to the Positive Magnetic Force from the Sun and Negative Magnetic Force at night from the Earth.
The following explains the effects that each type of energy has on the human body.
Effects of Magnetic Energy
Positive Magnetic Energy from the Sun
* Promotes deep and restorative sleep
* Supports the healing process
* Decreases inflammation and relieves pain
* Increases cellular oxygen
Negative Magnetic Energy from the Earth
* Stimulates wakefulness
* Inhibits the healing process
* Can increase inflammation and aggravate pain
* Decreases cellular oxygen
According to Dr. W.H. Philpott’s theory on the effects of Magnetic Energy, the Pineal gland, located in the centre of the head, acts as a sort of control centre for the immune system, hormones, and enzymes in our bodies.’ This gland actually contains Magnetic crystals, and is acutely sensitive to the effects of Magnetic Energy.
The Pineal gland secretes the sleep hormone Melatonin throughout the night, when the Earth’s Negative Magnetic force is dominant.
The body requires high levels of Melatonin to enable a good night’s sleep.
Significant advances in magnet technology have enabled scientists to duplicate the Earths negative energy and harness it in form of high strength magnets.
Therefore, when you use magnets to surround yourself in a Magnetic Field at night, the effects are intensified for two reasons, 1) The Earth’s Negative Magnetic Energy is at it’s most powerful and 2) The body is in its’ resting and healing phase. As such, you are able to benefit from:
* A deep restorative sleep that will leave you feeling energised and refreshed when you awake
* Improved circulation that will feed your cells with those vital nutrients and oxygen to enable faster healing
* Reduced if not eradicated aches, pains and inflammation
* The effects of the bodies resting stage, which allows the body to heal itself more efficiently at night.
Hopefully by now, you can begin to see how using Magnetic Therapy can help you break, the vicious more pain less sleep cycle.
In addition, it may interest you to know that there are self-help Magnetic Products readily available that are specifically designed, to provide this nighttime therapy. They are Magnetic Bed Pads or Magnetic Mattress Covers. These products have a series of high strength magnets sewn inside them. In addition, they have been clinically proven to be a safe and effective form of natural pain relief.
So, as I bring this article to an end I just want to say, don’t let back pain continue rob you of the deep restorative sleep that your body so desperately needs. Give Magnetic Therapy a try, who knows, it could work for you.
* The information in this article is intended for educational purposes only. The author of this article is not a medically trained physician; therefore, any theories or suggestions put forward are intended to supplement and not replace the advice of medically or legally trained professionals.
* All matters concerning your health require medical supervision.
* Please ensure that you consult your GP prior to adopting any suggestions put forward by Magnetics 4 Back Pain, as well as about any condition that may require medical diagnosis or medical attention.
* Magnetics 4 Back Pain is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for any injury sustained either directly or indirectly from information put forward in this article.
by: Donna Gray