How to Overcome Sesamoiditis
Most of the human bones are associated with other bones. The connection between these bones or with tendon muscles is called sesamoid. Kneecap is the largest sesamoid in the body.
Another example of sesamoid is located on the bottom of the big toe. When the tendons that surround the bone become irritated and inflamed, the condition is called sesamoiditis. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons suggests the following steps to relieve it, according to healthday news.
– Do not aggravate the injury by continuing activities that trigger pain.
– Consumption of analgesics such as aspirin, to overcome the pain.
– Rest and treat the pain with wrapped ice packs.
– Wear low-heeled shoes with soft soles.
– Use a soft cushion to sustain injury.
– Move slowly, remember to not give too much weight on the leg.
– Use plaster on the big toe to sustain it.