Know How to Prevent Tuberculosis
But in addition to the lungs, these bacteria can also infect other organs in the body such as the spleen, kidneys, bones, joints, and others. TB can actually be cured, but there are many people who have drug resistance making it difficult for them to recover. WHO noted that there are at least 500,000 new TB patients resistant to treatment each year.
Therefore, preventing is one of the best ways to avoid the tuberculosis disease. Treating may not be a way that can be taken if you have immunity to drugs. Before knowing how to prevent, first recognize the symptoms of tuberculosis, as reported by Health Me Up.
– Chronic cough for two to three weeks
– A fever that comes periodically
– Loss of appetite
– Pain in the chest
– Significant weight loss
– Often feel tired all the time
– Bloody sputum
People who have tuberculosis can spread TB infection in many ways to those around them. Some of them by sneezing, singing, crying, talking, and breathing. This is especially if they are in an enclosed space such as in a train or bus in a long time or frequently.
To prevent Tuberculosis (TB) there are several things you can do, such as:
1. Perform early diagnosis and immediate check-up. Two of these are the best ways to prevent and avoid contracting TB.
2. Beware of people nearby who have TB. People who takes care of TB patients are usually more vulnerable to contracting TB. Therefore, it is often better to do the test to the nearest or yourself if often adjacent to TB patients.
3. Living a healthy lifestyle. Tuberculosis usually infects a person when the immune system decreases. Because of that, it is very important to maintain a healthy body and boost the immune system and health. Do exercise regularly to enhance the immune system, avoid alcohol and smoking, consume nutritious foods such as fruits and vegetables, and also take care of body hygiene.
Those are some things you need to know about tuberculosis and how to prevent it. Note also the air you breathe every day, use a mask if you think the air surrounding you is polluted or dirty.