Lower cholesterol by eating cucumber
Cucumber, a powerful super food to lower cholesterol. Not only that, cucumbers also contain a variety of other health benefits that are not less important for the body. What are they? Know more, as quoted from Care2 below.
- Prevent dehydration. If you do not have time to drink water, try eating cucumbers containing 96 percent water in order to prevent dehydration.
- Cope with heat inside and outside. Try eating cucumbers when the body is suffering from heartburn, besides, sunburned skin also can be treated with a cucumber mask.
- Expel toxins. The entire content of water in nature such as broom cucumbers expel toxins from the body and nourish the kidney.
- Rich in vitamins. Cucumber contains vitamin A, B, and C, which enhance the immune system, provide energy, and maintain freshness.
- Good for the skin. Eating cucumber is the perfect solution to maintaining the health and beauty of skin because it contains magnesium, potassium, and silicon.
- Lose weight. Enjoy cucumber in the form of salad or yogurt topping, it is the best snack for weight loss.
- Refresh the eyes. Putting cucumber slices over the eyes that are tired not only able to refresh it, but also make the eye look more beautiful.
- Prevent cancer. Lower the risk of cancer by eating cucumbers diligently, several studies have proven that.
- Refreshing mouth. Cucumber juice is a natural remedy to overcome bad breath and gum disease treatment.
- Digestion. Chewing cucumber is a good exercise for the jaw, not only that, fiber in the cucumber also helps the body digestion.
- Good for hair and nails. Silica, minerals in cucumber makes hair and nails grow strong and shining.
- Overcome muscle pain. All the vitamins and minerals in cucumber are the most potent drug to cope with muscle pain and joint pain.
- The stability of blood pressure. People with high or low blood pressure usually eat cucumbers so that blood pressure stabilized.
- Kidney health. Because cucumber is able to reduce levels of uric acid in the system, kidney health will be maintained.
- Diabetes. Diabetics can enjoy while getting the benefits of cucumbers, which increases insulin production in charge of controlling blood sugar levels.
- Lowering cholesterol. As already mentioned, eating cucumber is one powerful way to reduce levels of bad cholesterol in the body.
Those are the various health benefits of cucumber. Do not hesitate to consume and enjoy the health benefits!