Man Dies After Bitten by a Vampire Bat
America’s Center for Disease Control and Prevention noted that this was the first case of death from the bite of an animal known as the vampire bat.
This incident occurred in mid 2010, when the victim first worked in one of a sugar plantation in Louisiana. He was accidentally bitten by a bat at the knees.
At first he did not feel anything. But 15 days later the victim felt fatigue, shoulder pain, tingling in his left hand, difficult in breathing and had fever reaching 38.4 degrees Celsius.
Doctors thought he had HIV or a kind of venereal disease like syphilis. Finally, the victim died on August 21, 2010.
According to mnsbc, the death was positive because of the vampire bat rabies bite. Vampire bat bites can be dangerous because the animal have an incubation period of 15 days faster than other rabies bites about 85 days.
The mammalian blood-sucking bats can be found in Mexico, Brazil, Chile and Argentina. These animals usually suck the blood of wild animals or livestock that are asleep. But do not rule out the possibility of human to be bitten when off guard.