Peppermint, a natural herbal for mouth freshener
Peppermint leaves are usually added to tea to enrich the flavor. But apparently peppermint also contain many important nutrients and unexpected healthy benefits. What are they? Check out more as reported by Health Me Up below.
- Peppermint is known as a natural herb that can relieve indigestion. If you’re constipated, peppermint should be consumed in order to expedite the movement of food in the digestive system.
- Your not feeling well? Try using peppermint to kill bacteria and virus diseases. Immune system will be stronger in the fight against a disease that attacks the virus.
- Certain compounds in peppermint are also known to stop the growth of malignant tumors.
- Peppermint extract oil that is the main ingredient in mouthwash and teeth whitening. So do not be surprised if a lot of toothpaste gives the flavor and aroma of mint in its products.
- Inhaled peppermint leaves are able to relieve shortness of breathing.
- Peppermint oil contains vitamins A and C, omega-3 fatty acids, potassium, magnesium, iron, and calcium is good for hair and skin. One is to prevent dandruff coming back.
- Peppermint contains no cholesterol, making it suitable to be consumed and served with tea or flavoring base in ice cream and other desserts.
Those are the various properties of peppermint. This leave is fairly easy to find in supermarkets. But in fact you can grow it yourself in your garden!