Proper diet for diabetics
Dr Sanjiv Bhambani from Moolchand Medcity, India, said that the right diet can help diabetics control blood sugar levels without medication. He also asserted that a diabetic diet should be rich in fiber, milk without cream, fresh fruits, and green vegetables.
“Other than that, there are no real problem if people with diabetes want to snack when they feel hungry, but of course they must select snacks that are healthy,” said Dr. Bhambani, as quoted by Health Me Up.
Here is a suggestion of the correct diet for diabetics according to Dr Bhambani.
- Enjoy tomato juice with salt and pepper every morning while the stomach is empty.
- Daily calorie intake should be limited as much as to the scale of 1500-1000 60:20:20 for carbohydrates, fats, and proteins.
- Artificial sweeteners may be used in cakes and sweets, but should be consumed in moderation.
- Monitor your intake of dried fruit consumption.
- People with diabetes should also eat three times a day with a good diet plan.
- Consume water as much as possible.
- At least two types of seasonal fruits and three vegetables a day.
- Limiting alcohol consumption.
- Eating a teaspoon of seeds that have been soaked as 100 milliliters of water overnight.
- Eating six seeds almonds also soaked in water overnight.
Many people believe a diabetic diet can be more effective if people want to be a vegetarian. But Dr Bhambani does not fully agree with it.
“Seafood and chicken meat can be consumed by people with diabetes. Foods that should be avoided is red meat simply because it contains a lot of saturated fat,” advised Dr Bhambani.
In addition to red meat, egg yolk should also be avoided, especially for diabetics who have high cholesterol levels.