Almost everyone loves eating mangoes? But, behind its pleasure and good nutrition that is good for the body, this favorite fruit can trigger a rare allergy with very serious effects which is mango hypersensitivity.
There are about 10 cases reported worldwide in the last 12 months. One of them, Sunneta Rawat, 46, who underwent treatment at the Vallabhbhai Patel Chest Institute at the University of Delhi, India, after being diagnosed with hypersensitivity type 1.
Sunneta came to the hospital after a serious reaction occurred 15 minutes after eating ripe mangoes. Not just cough and shortness of breath, but also swelling around her eyes and lips, and redness of the skin.
“Polyps and cysts can also develop after eating mango,” said Dr. Ashok Shah, professor of respiratory specialist at Vallabhbhai Patel Chest Institute, as quoted by the Daily Mail.
Dr. Shah added, mango hypersensitivity is included as allergic reactions that are rare. However, when it attacks, it can cause fatal effects, tissue damage that lead to death.
In some cases, patients can even bring an allergic reaction only through contact with the sap of the mango tree or consumption of canned mangoes.Recent search: pancreatitis and mango allergyTagged with: allergic to mangoes, mango allergy, mango hypersensitivity,