What you need to know is that addiction to playing video games can have negative impact, especially in child development. According to methodsofhealing, parents need to have a better understanding about the dangers of video games, especially for your children.
Danger to children physical health
If a child is used to playing video games, they do more sitting activities. In effect, they rarely do physical activity.
Lately, some video game manufacturers are already trying to change the game system to be more interactive. However, those changes still can not level the benefits of running, jumping, and other physical games. Thus, many people believe that video games contribute greatly to the problem of obesity.
Besides obesity, the dangers of video games for physical health can also cause children to experience muscle spasms. video games can also have an impact in their real world. Because, many children imitates their heroes in the game play could do some violence act against their friends.
Danger to the child psychology
Video games have a big psychological impact on children. That is why the choice of games also needs your attention. Many video games contain violence. If kids imitate video game in real life, this is of course a disadvantage to their psychological growth.
Research has shown that children who spend much time playing video games has a more aggressive personality and tend to behave less well with their surrounding environment. They could be aggressive towards friends, teachers, and even parents.
How to deal with the danger of video games
There are several steps you can do to help children avoid the dangers of video games, such as:
- Limit their video game playing time. A maximum of 2 hours a day and weekends only.
- Keep an eye on them when they’re playing and make sure they don’t imitate bad things that may exist in the video game
- Make sure you choose the type of game that is educational and age-appropriate for children.
- Do not place video game device in a child’s bedroom. Put in the family room so you can still keep an eye on them.
- Give children an understanding that real life is not like what they see in video games.Recent search: dangers of video games for childrenTagged with: video games, Video games addiction, Video games addiction effect on children, Video games dangerous for children,