The more obese a woman is, the greater the risk of developing ovarian cancer
There are many reasons why fat can increase the risk of cancer. One of them is because the fat cells will secrete estrogen. Estrogen is a hormone that can trigger the growth of cancer cells. They seemed to provide fuel for cancer cells to grow. In addition fat cells will affect the production of other hormones such as leptin that could promote the growth of cancer cells.
“This study is important because it can affect women to reduce fat deposits in their body. Terrible thoughts about ovarian cancer will overshadow them so that they would be encouraged to adopt a healthy lifestyle that will certainly have a positive impact for their bodies,” said Dr. Elisa Bandera of the Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey.
Ovarian cancer is one of the most deadly cancers. Moreover it is able to trigger the growth of other cancers such as breast cancer, colon cancer, endometrial cancer, kidney cancer, and pancreatic cancer.
- Ovarian cancer can now be detected through blood tests
- Birth control pills can lower the risk of ovarian cancer?
- Working at night increase the risk of ovarian cancer
- Recognize the hidden symptoms of ovarian cancer
- Breastfeeding avoids women from ovarian cancer