After giving birth many women experience the same fear, that is to lose weight. Losing weight after giving birth can not be done in vain because you still have to eat a lot of nutritious food to feed the baby.
If you had a normal delivery with no complications, you can start a quick weight loss program after recovering. But if you give birth by caesarean section or had complications during delivery, you should talk to your doctor before starting a weight loss program.
A research in 2007 at Harvard University found that women who walks for 30 minutes every day is easier to lose weight by up to 34 percent and do not experience weight gain again.
According to the Times of India, here are some tips to lose weight after giving birth:
1. Always consult a health care professional before determining the diet and weight loss programs.
2. Always consume plenty of water, at least 10-12 glasses of water every day.
3. Do not rush when you want to lose weight. Take your time to stay safe and healthy.
4. Consume healthy snacks such as raisins, popcorn, wheat crackers, and nuts.
5. Consume meat, but not too much. Like chicken without bones and cow meat that are not to much fat on it.
6. Choose breads, pasta, and cereals made from whole grains instead of white bread.
7. Do not be fooled by foods labeled ‘no fat’. Most are filled with calories and corn syrup.
8. Avoid fast foods.
9. Once you feel ready, start light exercise. Example by walking for 10 minutes a day and increase to 20 minutes a day.
10. Try some light exercise such as using the stairs instead of the elevator, park your car further so you have a chance to walk longer, and so on.
11. The most important info for a pregnant woman is that breastfeeding can burn calories up to 500 calories every day. The longer you breastfeed, the more calories you burn.
Well, there are some tips that can be used for mothers to lose weight after giving birth. Good luck!Recent search: women picture giving delivery to a babyTagged with: