Tremendous benefits of kiwi fruit
Who is not familiar with this fruit from New Zealand? The fruit is beautiful and the taste is fresh which make many people fall in love with kiwi. Despite the small size of this fruit, kiwi stores a myriad of health benefits. There are some tremendous benefits of kiwi as reported by healthmeup.
- Kiwi is a source of dietary fiber, potassium, folic acid, vitamin C and E, carotenoids and antioxidants.
- One kiwi fruit provides more vitamin C than oranges
- Kiwi fruits have a low GI (Glycemic Index of 48.5). Low GI foods reduce the risk of heart disease, diabetes and help maintain weight.
- Kiwi fruit is a good source of folate. Folate helps brain development and cognitive and neurological defects in babies Prevent (both before and during pregnancy). Folate manufacture and repair of DNA, as well as assist in the rapid cell division and growth. The fruit is highly recommended for pregnant women.
- Kiwi fruit provides fiber that aids digestion and constipation problems.
- Two servings of kiwi fruit has the same amount of potassium in bananas but low calorie. Kiwi fruit is the right choice for parents who are prone to osteoporosis due to lack of potassium levels in their bodies.
- Kiwi contains more than 20 mg of magnesium. Magnesium helps maintain muscle and nerve function, keep the heart rate steady, supports the immune system, and strengthen bones.
- Kiwi contains antioxidants to help fight cell damage and DNA caused by free radicals. Antioxidants can slow the aging process.
- Kiwi lutein rich. Lutein is an antioxidant that helps prevent damage to eyesight due to aging.
Let’s eat kiwi fruit to obtain optimal health!