Everyone of course had experience crying in their lives. From the first day that they were born, they already had their first experience of releasing tears from their eyes. Crying commonly happens when someone feels hurt either physically or mentally, or when someone is feeling very happy. In a short way, crying is a way to express one’s emotion.
Generally, people would agree that women cries more than men. The society had formed opinion that women are more emotional and dealing with things. This also means that it is easier for women to release tears and start to cry.
As a form of emotion expression, we all know that crying can show that someone is feeling either very happy or very sad, but there are actually many other unique and interesting facts about crying that you may not have known yet. According to Fit Sugar, there are at least eight unique facts about crying which is a conclusion of various studies about crying.
1. A total of 85 percent women and 73 percent of men admitted that the feeling of anger and sadness will be reduced after crying. As you know, tears not only is produced by emotional feelings alone. Tears also functions to clean and lubricate the eyes, so other causes like irritation of the eyes and yawning may lead to an increased tears production. But despite both produces tears, emotional tears and tears caused by irritation actually have different chemical compositions.
2. If women are considered more easily to cry, then it might be true. On average, women cry as much as 47 times a year while men cry only seven times a year. But this not only because women are considered emotionally weaker than men, but from medical facts it is known that tear ducts in men have a smaller size compared to those in women. While for babies, the normal duration of their crying is between one to three hours a day.
3. Surely we can not predict when we will cry because we surely cannot predict our emotions as well. But according to studies, there is actually a time range when people most often cries. It is known that the time when people mostly cries is between 7pm to 10pm.
4. Not only the time when most people cries that is known, but the duration as well. Although maybe the feeling would lasts afterwards, mostly, people would spend an average of 6 minutes every time they cry.
5. Well, if you feel tough and ashamed to release you tears, then you should think again. According to experts, crying is not only the body’s response to grief and the feeling of frustrations, but is also healthy.
6. You may know that crying is on way to relieves emotional stress. This is of course very good for health, because stress can give negative impact for one’s health. From results of research, it is known that tears contain prolactin hormones that are effective to fight stress.
7. So why actually is stress said to have a bad impact to a person’s health. Well, it is known that stress is able to increase the risk of heart attack and brain damage. Therefor crying can be healthy, as it can relieve one’s stress.
8. It’s ability to relieve stress is not the only health benefits of crying. Experts say that crying can lower blood pressure and heart rate and create a better response to treatment.
From the explanation above, you can see that crying actually has many benefits. So, next time you feel like crying, do not be hesitate or feel ashamed to express your feelings, whatever your a woman or a man, because you may gain many benefits especially for your health.Tagged with: cry, crying, facts about crying,