Walking, the key in preventing senile in old age
Walking, physical activity has become the most frequent thing for you to do every day. Although fairly simple, but who would have thought that walking can provide great benefits for brain health and even prevent Alzheimer’s disease that usually comes in the elderly?
Research reported by the healthmeup.com, found that walking can improve physical health as they can prevent chronic disease caused by the increase in body weight and blood pressure. In addition, walking is also able to improve their cognitive abilities aged dusk.
“The study involved 25 people aged twilight suffering from Alzheimer’s disease with a medium level. They also do a light routine by walking every day whether it be to visit a neighbor or go to the park. As a result, the adverse effects of the disease was reduced,” said Amber Watts, assistant professor of clinical psychology at the University of Kansas in the United States.
In addition to these findings, he also found other benefits of walking as below.
- Walking lowers blood pressure, joint pressure, and reduce the risk of stroke.
- Walking is an effective way to reduce stress. Walking can increase the production of norepinephrine in the brain. This substance is able to control your stress levels.
- Walking releases endorphins, hormones that can make you happy.
- Walking can improve your body’s core temperature so that it can make you feel relaxed and sleepy fast.
- Walking can you benefit as meditation. Because when run, you will only focus on the body and mind.
That’s the magic of walking for health. So, did you walk today? Do not forget also to always pay attention to your safety when walking.