Watermelon, Are They Good For Chickenpox?
They say one of the best fruits to eat when you are down with chickenpox is watermelon. The juice of the watermelon is healthy to help boost your immunity and above all keep your body cool during when you are attacked with the virus. Drinking fresh watermelon juice when you are infected with the varicella-zoster virus (VZV) will help kill the infection in no time.
According to experts, consuming a fresh slice of watermelon too will help to benefit you in a lot of ways. The varicella-zoster virus (VZV) which is highly contagious affects anyone, no matter what age you are in. Children are the most affected because of their weak immunity. Pregnant women too are on a higher chance of being infected with the varicella-zoster virus.
However, if by chance you have been infected with this deadly and contagious varicella-zoster virus, then make sure you have a slice of watermelon everyday till you are cured.
Here is why you should eat watermelon for chickenpox:
- One of the main reasons is, watermelon helps to boost your immunity when you are infected with the contagious virus. The nutrients which is present in the fruit boosts your energy making you feel a little better during this time.
- Watermelon is good for chickenpox as it helps get rid of the virus from your body. The juice of the watermelon contains antibacterial content which kills the virus in the body and thus flushes it out from your system.
- When you consume watermelon for chickenpox, you are reducing the fever (temperature) in the body. When this virus attacks the body, you develop high fever. The only way to reduce the fever is by consuming cool foods/fruits, which is watermelon.
- It is also said, a regular intake of watermelon during chickenpox will help to lighten the pox scars that are left behind on the skin. So, if you are worried about those deep scars, make sure you drink lots of watermelon juice when you have the chickenpox.
These are some of the ways in which watermelon is a must fruit for you to consume when you are down with the chickenpox.
- Chickenpox make children vulnerable to Stroke
- Chickenpox – Definition and Symptoms
- Avoid These Foods if You Suffer from Chicken Pox
- Foods That Can Help Children Concentrate in Class
- Women with big bottoms tend to have smart children